1. A RiRi – Chris Brown sextape leaks/is released. It replaces the Tommy – Pam sextape as the holy grail of celebrity sextapes.
2. Like 2011 was the year of Gosling, and 2012 was the year of Tatum, 2013 is the year of Elba as Idris Elba becomes a major star critically and commercially .
3. Justin Timberlake gets major Oscar buzz.
4. At least five perennial All-Star baseball players (including one former MVP) test positive for PEDs, reigniting the steroids in baseball conversation.
5. Kanye West and Lil’ Wayne retire from rap (neither retirement sticks). Dr. Dre finally releases Detox.
6. Watch this trailer:
This is how it ends, *M. Night Shyamalan Twist*: It is training.
7. The ABC Jimmy Kimmel to 11:35 shift is a debacle, which prompts Kimmel to bitterly leave ABC. At the same time, health problems force Letterman into an early retirement and Kimmel takes over the Late Show.
8. Apple stock plummets (relatively speaking).
9. Something happens that drastically changes our perception of Barack Obama. In a positive way.
10. People stop using Facebook.
11. Tiger Woods wins his first Major since 2008.
12. Trinidad James becomes the 2013 version of 2 Chainz.
13. Joesph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel start dating. Hipster everywhere rejoice.