Let us commence with the Kanye’s Top 20 Music Videos...
20. COLDEST WINTER directed by Nabil Elderkin
Highlight: The haunting visuals.
Final Grade: 26
19. TWO WORDS directed by Coodie, Chike
Highlight: The gritty underground tone and juxtaposition between NYC and Chi-town.
Final Grade: 26.5
18. WELCOME TO HEARTBREAK directed by Nabil Elderkin
Highlight: The video distortion and effects.
Final Grade: 27
17. GOOD MORNING directed by Kanye West, Takashi Mirakami
Highlight: The animation and narrative following Kanye’s famous dropout Bear.
Final Grade: 27.33
16. GOLD DIGGER directed by Hype Williams
Highlight: Umm..The chicks.
Final Grade: 27.66
15. FLASHING LIGHTS (version 3) directed by N/A
Highlight: The fact it’s a prequel to the original Flashing Lights video (stay tuned to see where the original lands).
Final Grade: 29
14. OTIS directed by Spike Jonze
Highlight: The Aziz Ansari cameo. What, you missed it? Watch again. Missed it again? He’s that random dude in the suit. Now you got it.
Final Grade: 29.25
13. GOOD LIFE directed by SoMe, Jonas and Francois
Highlight: All the awesome graffiti style graphics.
Final Grade: 29.5
12. CAN’T TELL ME NOTHING (version 2) directed by Michael Blieden
Highlight: Zach Galifiankis.
Final Grade: 29.75
11. POWER directed by Marco Brambilla
Highlight: In Kanye’s words, “It’s not a video…It’s a moving painting.”
Final Grade: 30
Join me tomorrow, when I will unveil the Top 10 Kanye West Music Videos.